Monday 8 April 2013

March Crafting

Hello lovely readers. I hope you are all well. I am getting much better now I've hit trimester 2. Yay! More energy and MUCH less sicky.

So I actually got a little bit of crafting done this month. Not a huge amount but crafty bug is returning at last. The biggest projects I did in March were for the Mums for Mother's Day. I started off a scrapbook album for them both for baby. I got some lovely plain spiral bound albums from The Pink Pig, decorated the front and filled in 3 pages.


The frog picture was only on my Mum's album. It came about after because she sent me a frog in case I needed a second opinion. When I went up to visit, just after Christmas (and before I knew I was pregnant), I was telling her what I saw on Dara O'Briain's Science club. Apparently, frogs were used to see if a woman was pregnant. No, you didn't pee on them! The frog got injected with a woman's urine and if it layed eggs in the next 24 hours, she was pregnant.

I also made 2 pairs of earrings for my Aunt. She asked me if I could make a pair with a frosted sterling silver ball and an onyx pair to go with a necklace she had. I ended up frosting the sterling silver beads myself in my rock tumbler as I couldn't find frosted ones in the right size. For the onyx pair, I removed a couple of beads from the necklace so they would match perfectly.



If you read my last post, you will also have seen these earrings. I wrote a free tutorial following some beads I was sent from the lovely The Bead Shop Manchester.


That's everything that I finished in March, I think. I have started some crochet for baby and have finished something but that will have to wait for April's roundup post. Feel free to add me on Ravelry though if you want to see what I'm up to there. I'll also be completing another tutorial from the same bead mix I got from The Bead Shop in the next few days I hope, so keep an eye out if you're interested. I desperately need to catch up on the earring challenge too. I've only done 6 pairs so far and I think I should be in the mid teens. I have a few ideas in my head though. I want to get the silversmithing stuff out soon plus there are a few resin pairs half finished.

I still have various BB&B projects to finish off too. You may have read that I have taken a break from participating in those challenges for a while but do check out the Operation Tackle that Bead Stash blog if you want to keep up to date with that.

Have a fab April everyone.
Gemxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments.